I got it from my Mama. (I give credit to my mom for this wonderful recipe). These semi-spicy Cilantro and Lime Roasted Chicken Thighs are oh-so-delicious and very simple to make.
Depending on your spicy tolerance (mine is low), you can add more or less chili powder. I tested it with 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder first, and then 1 tablespoon and both were very mild. You can use chipotle chili powder for more of a kick but be careful.
Pop these in the oven and make some guacamole to scoop on top. You can also enjoy this chicken with a salad, inside a corn tortilla, or in a sandwich.
Pro Tip: I personally think boneless chicken thighs are better for this, but it’s your choice. I also highly recommend squeezing lime on top because it adds such a nice flavor with the spices.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt (to taste)
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, rub with chili powder and salt, then turn and repeat on other side.
- Roast the chicken thighs until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and lime wedges. Serve.