Biscotti has always been one of those treats that I never have on hand but thoroughly enjoy when I eat it. This Grain Free Biscotti recipe tastes just like a ‘normal’ biscotti with pecans and raisins. I typically don’t like raisins, but I love them in this recipe.
Life Update: Oh boy. I am completely moved in to my apartment for sophomore year and have successfully completed my first week of classes. It was SO busy but so far things are going great. The greek organizations on campus had a dance competition (called Lip Sync & Stroll Off) to raise money for our philanthropies so we had rehearsal every night for the past week. I have been out of the kitchen due to rehearsal and my new schedule but am ready to get back in the swing of things.
Now for the biscotti: If I’m being honest, I made this recipe by accident while trying to make a grain free bread. I am extremely happy that my bread didn’t turn out because I love this new treat.
I made a large batch and placed the majority of the slices in the freezer. Each morning I throw a piece or two in the microwave to warm it up and enjoy with tea. I don’t drink coffee but I’m sure it tastes amazing when dipped into a warm cup o’ joe.
Quick Tip: Don’t put this ‘bread’ into a loaf pan. Instead, put it on a cookie sheet to bake. It turns into a small, chewy treat.
- 325 grams blanched almond flour (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs and honey.
- Stir until well combined, then fold in the pecans and raisins. Continue to work until the dough forms a ball.*
- Divide the dough half and place on the cookie sheet. Shape the dough into two loaves, approximately 7 inches long x 3.5 inches wide. Try to keep the same height for both loaves.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the loaves are golden brown. Cool completely and slice.
- Cover with plastic wrap or place in a container and freeze.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin