The hardest part about having a food allergy is finding substitutes that are actually good. I can’t tell you how many things I’ve tried that taste like cardboard in an effort to eat ‘normal’ food. With that being said, I am so excited to share this unbelievably delicious Grain Free Baked Donut recipe.
I recently purchased a donut pan (and a donut hole pan) from William Sonoma and immediately wanted to try making my own little treat. I was continuously joking with my family that I was running 26.2 miles for 26.2 donuts, so my donut craving was off the hook.
Side Note: I was training for my first full marathon but unfortunately decided to switch to the half marathon due to some health issues and my body’s lack of desire to train.
Anyway, I kept things simple and made cinnamon sugar donuts. They were so delicious and airy. This recipe has the stamp of approval from all of my trusty taste testers.
You can use whatever frosting/topping you want, but the cinnamon sugar is delicious. Simply mix some cinnamon and sugar on a plate and sprinkle onto the donut.
I live in a humid climate so decided to keep these in the freezer and was so excited every morning when I realized I could munch on one for breakfast.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the donut pan and set aside.
- Mix together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Fill a piping bag with the mixture, and fill the donut mold ½ way full.*
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Store in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the fridge.*
*I recommend keeping them in the fridge, particularly if you live in a humid climate.