Happy Halloweekend! I have yet to pick a costume but I guarantee I will be eating these incredible Grain Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins on Halloween night!
Seeing as Halloween is on a school night, I’ve decided to watch the classic ‘spooky’ movies the entire weekend leading up to Halloween night. The list includes: Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, Casper, and Halloweentown I & II.
I hate scary movies so I am sticking with the horror-less movies. I will be cuddled up in my unrealistically soft blanket with a pumpkin muffin in one hand and Reese’s in the other.
Back to the wonderfully delicious pumpkin muffins: I’ve already made five batches of these within a week. As much as I hate this word, these muffins are so MOIST! *cringe* but they really are. It’s impossible to tell that they’re Grain Free. Plus, if you replace the regular sugar with coconut sugar they’re paleo!
I topped a few of these with nutella to make them more like a cupcake but they are just fine without. Bring this recipe over to Thanksgiving for extra fall festive treats.
- 2 cups of almond flour
- ¼ cup of sugar*
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of mini EnjoyLife chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325. Prepare a muffin tin with grease or line with baking cups.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the almond flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, ghee, and vinegar.
- Fill the baking cups ¾ full.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.**
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire wrack & enjoy!
** you can also fold the chocolate chips inside the mix