I can’t control my sweet tooth when it comes to these Flourless Almond Butter Cookies. They’re extremely simple to make and only require a few ingredients.
For this recipe, I used Justin’s Almond Butter but have yet to try with any other almond butter. If I’m being honest, I prefer Justin’s Peanut Butter for eating on a PB&J or with celery as opposed to almond butter but I would not substitute anything else for these cookies.
The almond butter creates such a delicious yet subtle flavor that makes it taste nearly like a regular chocolate chip cookies.
Of course I’m a sucker for anything without grain that tastes ‘normal’ and this is my perfect chocolate chip cookie substitute.
I’m headed to Disneyland today with my sorority and am definitely packing a few of these to snack on.
Keep extras in the freezer for a simple and quick sweet treat.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of almond butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup of light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg until beaten. Add the almond butter, then the brown sugar and baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, form balls with a scoop of dough, and flatten with your palms. Place on the cookie sheet, about 6 or 7 cookies on each sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.*
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to the wire rack.
- Eat immediately or freeze in a freezer safe container.