Okay, Grain Free Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Zucchini Bread might be a mouthful of a title, but it’s also a mouthful of delicious post-workout snack! I’ve been looking for something that I can munch on after a run to help with my recovery and also reward myself for pushing through the pain. Ta-da! This grain free bread is definitely it.
Let’s break it down a bit. As the title eludes, this grain free bread is packed with chocolate chips, peanut butter, protein powder, and zucchini. I stumbled upon this recipe from http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com (check her out) and immediately fell in love with the peanut butter & chocolate combo. She makes the bread with coconut flour but offers the idea to use protein powder instead.
I jumped on the opportunity to mix in protein powder with a delicious snack. I used one little travel packet of the vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein (about 1/2 cup) along with both Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips and morsels. The entire packet of the Vega Sport is supposed to be one serving, but I just recently started using protein powder and enjoy beginning with little doses.
I admit that I have a chocolate addiction, so it’s easy to motivate myself to get my run done knowing I can munch on a slice of this when I’m done. It’s great topped with Justin’s Peanut Butter.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup all natural creamy peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's creamy no stir)*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, beaten slightly
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of protein powder (I used Vega Sport vanilla performance protein)*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips + extra for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini, peanut butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined, then stir in the protein powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, smooth top and sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-50 mins or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer pan to a wire wrack. Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, remove bread from pan and let cool completely on wire wrack.
- Cut into 12 slices.
*you can also use 2 tablespoons coconut flour