In the spirit of summer, I decided to splurge on a classic summer tradition: smores. These flourless smores cookies are the perfect summer treat and don’t require a campfire.
These flourless delicacies are made with peanut butter, offering an extremely sweet and salty combo when mixed with chocolate chips and marshmallows. I used EnjoyLife dark chocolate chips and Dandies mini marshmallows. I ran out of my Trader Joe’s peanut butter, so I used Jif with great results. You can also make this with sun butter.
Pro Tip: If your peanut butter is oily, try to pat off any excess oil before baking or else the cookies will burn.
Besides the peanut butter and smores combo, I love that they’re stored in the freezer, making them perfect for bake-ahead. After a long hike I was craving a bite beyond belief. Lucky for me, it’s also National Smores Day! All I had to do was grab a cookie out of the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes before indulging.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used EnjoyLife)
- ½ cup mini marshmallows (I used Dandies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together sugar, baking powder, and baking sugar.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the peanut butter and sugar mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add the eggs into the peanut butter mixture and mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Spoon a tablespoon of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.*
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire wrack to cool completely.
- Store in freezer.