I love tacos. I love burrito bowls. SO I’m excited to share this Skinny Chicken Taco recipe. Forget Chipotle (gasp) and become your own taco pro while avoiding some extra calories.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner which means lots of mashed potatoes, turkey, leftovers, and memories. For me, Thanksgiving also means it’s time for my half marathon!
I’ve been attempting to carb-o-load as much as possible despite my grain free restrictions. However, I wanted something different other than my new favorite grain free pasta, Cappello’s Gnocchi, so I made these Skinny Chicken Tacos.
If you’ve never had butter lettuce, I would highly recommend filling a leaf with this chicken and cabbage. Then top with guacamole or beans and enjoy.
I make this recipe any time I have friends over because 1) it’s simple and 2) everybody loves it. If you have a lot of family in town for the holiday, I’d recommend this recipe.
Side Note: Here’s a few pre half-marathon thoughts-
- I should’ve trained more.
- Why am I doing this to myself.
- At least I can eat tons of pie at Thanksgiving and not feel bad.
- I’m going to look like I’m struggling so much.
- Yay! My third half marathon!
- I’m okay with walking.
- I can’t wait for brunch after!
That’s all I got. I’m trying not to think about it too much or else I’ll regret my lack of training.
Happy Early Thanksgiving!
- For the Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- juice from 1 lime
- For the Cabbage Slaw:
- ¾ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ¾ cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Butter lettuce
- For the Chicken:
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Slice chicken breasts into thin strips and place in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix to evenly coat the chicken with olive oil and spices.
- Sauté the chicken for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- For the Slaw:
- While the chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Arrange the chicken and cabbage slaw on butter lettuce (or corn tortillas). Top with guacamole or pico de gallo.